Hi, I’m Nik. I created FraternityMan.com in 2014 to provide an independent and insightful look into the college fraternity experience. That mission stems from my experiences as a student leader, fraternity professional, and providing 3rd party services to fraternity organizations with LegFi, Plaid LLC, and as a volunteer.
Fraternity Man readers are highly engaged and loyal members of the fraternity/sorority community. I cover themes including organizational management, ethical leadership, fraternity history/culture, and grassroots activism within fraternity organizations.
What Makes Fraternity Man Different?
As a student, a staff member, and a fraternity leader, I was applauded as someone who “got it” … until I actually tried to put what I was taught about “leadership” into practice. Fraternity organizations, and the field of work built around them, are locked in a crisis mindset. We prioritize self-preservation above all else, and that does not jive with the declarations we make about “self-government” and “values-based decision making.”
So, on Fraternity Man, we combine an experienced, professional-grade opinion with creative, unrestricted thinking. We openly and honestly address the failures in fraternity leadership and identify new ways to improve and advocate for the fraternity experience. Read these; have some fun:
- LEADERSHIP – Too much is being delegated to fraternity executive directors.
- DIVERSITY/INCLUSION – Can fraternities be more diverse and inclusive if they are less accessible?
- PURPOSE – Fraternities do not need to be more than friend clubs to be relevant.
- SELF-IMPROVEMENT – 10 Commandments of Ethical Leadership
- COMMENTARY – Fraternities & gangs – contrary to our assertions – have plenty in common.
- HAZING – Deaths due to hazing may decline if we embrace it, rather than prohibit it.
About KOUL LLC
KOUL is Nik’s company which provides creative solutions for small businesses and fraternity organizations including:
- 1-on-1 Coaching/Consulting: Get out of your creative ruts
- Facilitation Services: Fresh ideas and unique workshops for your staff team, board, or chapter.
- Supplemental Content: Supercharge your initiatives with a boost of communication support